The Infinite Hotel Paradox - One of the best math thought experiments ever devised, by Jeff Dekofsky for TED-Ed.
Luckily, I made an infinite reservation, so I should be just fine.
This video nicely explains why (contrary to Hazel’s assertion in TFIOS) the infinite set between 0 and 1 is actually the same size as the infinite set between 0 and 2.
But as hinted at in the end of the video, some infinities still are bigger than other infinities.
in the south we don’t say “you’re a dumb fuck” we say “bless your heart” and i think that’s beautiful.
the more mind-obliteratingly stupid we find you, the more descriptive we get. “bless your precious, sweet, mama-loving heart” means we’re not 100% certain how you possess enough intelligence to draw breath.
Sara Bareilles - Covers
- Oh! Darling (The Beatles)
- Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (U2)
- In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)
- Bennie and the Jets (Elton John)
- Imagine (John Lennon)
- Genie in a Bottle (Christina Aguilera)
- Single Ladies (Beyonce)
- With a Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)
- Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)
- Umbrella (Rihanna)
- Sullivan Street (Counting Crows)
- Fuck You (Cee Lo Green)
- Mr. Sandman (The Chordettes)
- Yellow (Coldplay)
- Nice Dream (Radiohead)
- Little Lion Man (Mumford and Sons)
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)
- Take On Me (A-ha)
- Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding)
- I’m On Fire (Bruce Springsteen)
But okay listen: 7 years ago today, MILLIONS. LITERALLY MILLIONS. of Potterheads from all over the world were sitting with their brand-new copies of the Deathly Hallows and taking their final journey with Harry. It’s amazing when you think of the sheer scope of it-that many people in a sense united by this one book, riding the same emotional roller coaster simultaneously.
the 7th harry potter book was released july 21st 2007 that is exactly 7 years ago today
today’s the day to make a horcrux y’all